COVID-19 Protocols for In-Person Guitar Lessons
During the COVID-19 pandemic, you have the option of meeting with me in person at my St. Petersburg home for your lessons or learning via remote live video conferencing–whichever you feel most comfortable with. You can switch back and forth between these choices at any time.
For in-person lessons, I abide by COVID-19 safety protocols recommended by the CDC that are intended to keep us all healthy. Due to the highly contagious and virulent Delta strain of COVID-19, and because cases of COVID-19 are spiking in Florida, as of AUGUST 14, 2021, all vaccinated and non-vaccinated students are required to wear a face mask during lessons. I will also be wearing one for your safety.
Because some students are not vaccinated and the COVID-19 pandemic is still ongoing, please follow the protocols below so we can continue to keep everyone safe and healthy.
- Whether you are vaccinate or are unvaccinated, please arrive wearing a face mask that covers both your mouth and nose. If you do not own a face mask, one will be provided for you. Please wear it throughout your lesson.
- Please remain in your car or outdoors until the previous student has left or your lesson begins. I will text you to let you know when to enter. This ensures social distancing between students who may not be vaccinated.
- Please allow me a few minutes between lessons to sanitize common areas.
- If you need to bring a guest with you (such as a family member), they are welcome to use our waiting room while you take your lesson. For parents, grandparents and caretakers, I would prefer that you do not bring other unvaccinated children to a lesson at this time. If this is not possible for you, let’s talk about ways to keep everyone safe.
- If you are ill (have a cough, elevated temperature, fatigue), you have experienced a loss of taste and smell, or you have traveled within the last two weeks to a location with high COVID-19 activity, please contact me to postpone your in-person lesson or temporarily switch to a video lesson.
What I’m doing to keep you healthy:
- I will be wearing a face mask that covers my mouth and nose throughout lessons with all vaccinated and unvaccinated students.
- I will be disinfecting common areas (such as the doorbell, doorknobs, your chair, bathroom and waiting room) between students.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for you.
- I will be washing my hands between student lessons and using hand sanitizer when needed, for example, before writing charts for you.
- We will be moving our lesson from my studio to the living room and spaced at least six feet apart to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- If you need to reschedule your lesson or switch to a video lesson—for example, because you suspect you may be ill or you came in contact with someone who is ill—I will be happy to accommodate you.
Thank you for your patience. If you have any questions, please feel free to call or text me at 917-930-6738 or email me at LichtermanGuitar@aol.com.