COVID-19 Protocols for In-Person Guitar Lessons
Starting June 1, 2020, I will be resuming in-person guitar lessons.
If you are an existing student, you have the option to do your lessons at my St. Petersburg, Florida location as we did before the COVID-19 lockdown. However, if you want to continue your lessons via live video conference, we’ll do so for as long as you like.
If you are a new student, you have the option to do lessons in person at my St. Petersburg, Florida location or via live video conference. You can switch between the two at any time.
If you choose in-person lessons, I want to assure you that I will be working to accommodate you during your lesson while also sticking to safety protocols outlined by the CDC and other officials to keep us all healthy.
To that end, I will be asking you to follow a few guidelines for our lessons. And I will be following my own protocols to protect your health. They follow:
- Please arrive wearing a face mask that covers both your mouth and nose. If you do not own a face mask, one will be provided for you. Please wear it throughout your lesson.
- Please remain in your car until the previous student has left or your lesson begins. I will text you to let you know when to enter. This ensures social distancing between students.
- Please allow me a few minutes between lessons to sanitize common areas.
- Please consider removing your shoes before entering the house. (Not required if you’re foot-shy!)
- If you need to bring a guest with you (such as a family member), they are still welcome to use our waiting room while you take your lesson. For parents, grandparents and caretakers, I would prefer that you do not bring other children to a lesson at this time. If this is not possible for you, let’s talk about ways to keep everyone safe.
- If you are ill (have a cough, elevated temperature, sore throat, sneezing), you have experienced a loss of taste and smell, or you have traveled within the last two weeks to a location with high COVID-19 activity, please contact me to postpone your lesson.
What I’m doing to keep you healthy:
- I will be wearing a face mask that covers my mouth and nose throughout the lesson.
- I will be disinfecting common areas (such as the doorbell, doorknobs, your chair, bathroom and waiting room) between students.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for you.
- I will be washing my hands between student lessons and using hand sanitizer when needed, for example, before writing charts for you.
- We will be moving our lesson from my studio to the living room and spaced at least six feet apart to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- If you need to reschedule your lesson—for example, because you suspect you may be ill or you came in contact with someone who is ill—I will be happy to accommodate you.
Thank you for your patience as we all navigate these uncharted waters. I look forward to our lessons whether they’re in-person or via live video conference.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call or text me at 917-930-6738 or email me at LichtermanGuitar@aol.com.