Learn with a veteran guitar teacher, longtime professional guitarist and co-author of two music instruction books who lives in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Whatever kind of music you enjoy and want to play, we’ll follow a path that builds and emphasizes the techniques you’ll need. Our lessons will be designed to keep you interested, enthusiastic and inspired by your own progress. We won’t be using boring drills. You’ll be playing your favorite songs right away and learn techniques as your music repertoire grows.
I’m a patient and supportive teacher to all ages. My primary goal is to get you up and playing quickly so you’ll gain confidence and have the desire to practice more.
More about what I offer…
- In the St. Petersburg area (near 34th St. North and 11th Ave. North)
- Acoustic and electric guitar
- All ages welcome (children, teens, adults)
- Beginner, intermediate, advanced
- Personal attention of one-on-one sessions
- Competitive rates: $50 per hour–no contracts, no pre-payments
- Lessons are offered weekdays and weekends (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
- Saturday and Sunday), mornings, afternoons and evenings
- Experienced teaching special needs children, teens and adults (autism, Asperger’s, ADD, ADHD, etc.)
- Take shared lessons (with a friend, partner, child, sibling, etc.) at no extra cost
- No required purchases of music books (we’ll be making your own personalized music book as you go along)
- Rock / Classic Rock / Alternative Rock / Progressive Rock / Heavy Metal
- Rhythm guitar / strumming techniques / rhythms
- Lead guitar / soloing / improvisation
- Songwriting / composition
- Flat picking
- Finger picking
- Ear training
- Getting good electric guitar sound
Note to moms, dads and other caretakers: Feel free to stay during your child’s lesson. I have a private, comfortable waiting room with TV. You can also sit in on the lesson if you like.
To get more information or set up a time to meet to see if we’re a good fit, call (917) 930-6738 or email me at LichtermanGuitar@aol.com.