Learn with a veteran guitar teacher, longtime professional guitarist and co-author of two music instruction books who lives in St. Petersburg, Florida.
Whatever kind of music you enjoy and want to play, weâ€™ll follow a path that builds and emphasizes the techniques youâ€™ll need. Our lessons will be designed to keep you interested, enthusiastic and inspired by your own progress. We wonâ€™t be using boring drills. Youâ€™ll be playing your favorite songs right away and learn techniques as your music repertoire grows.
Iâ€™m a patient and supportive teacher to all ages. My primary goal is to get you up and playing quickly so youâ€™ll gain confidence and have the desire to practice more.
More about what I offerâ€¦
- In the St. Petersburg area (near 34th St. North and 11th Ave. North)
- Acoustic and electric guitar
- All ages welcome (children, teens, adults)
- Beginner, intermediate, advanced
- Personal attention of one-on-one sessions
- Competitive rates: $50 per hourâ€“no contracts, no pre-payments
- Lessons are offered weekdays and weekends (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
- Saturday and Sunday), mornings, afternoons and evenings
- Experienced teaching special needs children, teens and adults (autism, Aspergerâ€™s, ADD, ADHD, etc.)
- Take shared lessons (with a friend, partner, child, sibling, etc.) at no extra cost
- No required purchases of music books (we’ll be making your own personalized music book as you go along)
- Rock / Classic Rock / Alternative Rock / Progressive Rock / Heavy Metal
- Rhythm guitar / strumming techniques / rhythms
- Lead guitar / soloing / improvisation
- Songwriting / composition
- Flat picking
- Finger picking
- Ear training
- Getting good electric guitar sound
Note to moms, dads and other caretakers: Feel free to stay during your childâ€™s lesson. I have a private, comfortable waiting room with TV. You can also sit in on the lesson if you like.
To get more information or set up a time to meet to see if we’re a good fit, call (917) 930-6738 or email me at LichtermanGuitar@aol.com.