EFFECTIVE MARCH 17, 2020: In light of the importance of social distancing to combat the COVID-19 virus, I am teaching guitar lessons via live video chat. You will still get a full one-hour lesson with me. Current students will continue to have lessons at their usual day and time. New students, please contact me at LichtermanGuitar@aol.com for available days and times. This is not a permanent change. We will return to in-person lessons once conditions permit. Thank you for your patience and flexibility during this time. It’s greatly appreciated.
Learn with a veteran guitar teacher, longtime professional guitarist and co-author of two music instruction books.
Whatever kind of music you enjoy and want to play, we’ll follow a path that builds and emphasizes the techniques you’ll need. Our lessons will be designed to keep you interested, enthusiastic and inspired by your own progress. We won’t be using boring drills. You’ll be playing your favorite songs right away and learn techniques as your music repertoire grows.
I’m a patient and supportive teacher to all ages. My primary goal is to get you up and playing quickly so you’ll gain confidence and have the desire to practice more.
More about what I offer…
- In the St. Petersburg area (near 34th St. North and 11th Ave. North)
- Acoustic and electric guitar
- All ages welcome (children, teens, adults)
- Beginner, intermediate, advanced
- Personal attention of one-on-one sessions
- Competitive rates: $50 per hour–no contracts, no pre-payments
- Lessons are offered weekdays and weekends (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday,
- Saturday and Sunday), mornings, afternoons and evenings
- Experienced teaching special needs children, teens and adults (autism, Asperger’s, ADD, ADHD, etc.)
- Take shared lessons (with a friend, partner, child, sibling, etc.) at no extra cost
- No required purchases of music books (you’ll be making your own as you go along)
- Rock / Classic Rock / Alternative Rock / Progressive Rock / Heavy Metal
- Rhythm guitar / strumming techniques / rhythms
- Lead guitar / soloing / improvisation
- Songwriting / composition
- Flat picking
- Finger picking
- Ear training
- Getting good electric guitar sound
Note to moms, dads and other caretakers: Feel free to stay during your child’s lesson and bring siblings of students. I have a private, comfortable waiting room with TV, books, complimentary snacks and beverages, and a wide range of toys and games for kids to enjoy while they wait.
To get more information or set up a time to meet at my teaching studio to see if we’re a good fit, call (917) 930-6738 or email me at LichtermanGuitar@aol.com.